Part of our series of Local Government Talks for members. Councillor Peter Carpenter, who leads on finance for the Labour Group on Wandsworth Borough Council, will be explaining how the Council is financed, including:
• facts, figures, budgets, trends, pressures;
• current Conservative policy and practice;
• Labour policy options, and legal/practical constraints on those options
• what Labour is proposing before and after the local elections in May 2018.
This event is fully intend to spark a two-way discussion so Peter can hear your views and opinions too.
Specific topics are likely to include:
• the difference between capital and revenue;
• the sources of Council revenue and the proportion coming from Council Tax;
• the rules around Council Tax increases;
• the usability or otherwise of reserves; and
• the distribution of Council spending across the principal service areas, eg, education, social care, waste collection, etc.
We look forward to seeing you.